Improve your home’s air quality
According to the national Air Duct Cleaners Association (NADCA), the average six-room house collects 40 pounds of dirt, dust and allergens in its air ducts each year. That’s a big problem, considering that 40,000 dust mites can thrive in only one ounce of dust. Those little dust “bunnies” contain a host of unhealthy bacteria, fungi and mold. The EPA estimates indoor air can be two to five times more polluted than outdoor air. Even worse, the contaminated air circulates throughout your house every time the heating or cooling system kicks on.
The build-up of dirt and debris prevents the air from flowing freely throughout the ventilation system. That means it works harder and costs more to operate. Over time, the problem only gets worse.
Kingsborough uses an exclusive process that utilizes a negative air vacuum and a positive air blower with a power brush system that scrapes and scours away the debris from within your air ducts, while vacuuming all the air out of your air ducts. This system is regarded as the most effective cleaning method. Royal’s industry superior cleaning system and methodology follows the NADCA cleaning guidelines.
Your duct system functions as the respiratory system of your home. When it becomes contaminated and congested, it should be cleaned so it can ‘breathe’ normally and efficiently.
Dust, dirt, pollen, animal dander and other airborne contaminants are pulled into your duct system every time the furnace or air conditioner runs. These contaminants build up inside the ductwork over time and can help make your duct system an ideal breeding ground for mold spores, bacteria, fungus, mildew and other microbes.
Each time the furnace or air conditioner is turned on, contaminants are spewed out and circulated throughout your home and affect the health and comfort of your family.
Family members who suffer from allergies, asthma or other respiratory ailments as well as children and the elderly are especially vulnerable to the effects of indoor air pollutants.
The removal of contaminants from the entire HVAC system is recognized by the industry experts as the most effective way to eliminate air duct pollutants. This is referred to as the “source removal” method of duct cleaning. In addition to the obvious health benefits, duct cleaning can help you maintain a cleaner home. It also helps restore HVAC system capacity and lessen running time, resulting in lower heating and cooling bills.
The HEPA-AIRE method used by Kingsborough assures you that your ducts are being cleaned with the most advanced source removal equipment available. This high tech, state-of-the-art system is used by leading professional duct cleaners throughout North America, and is widely recognized as the most significant breakthrough in duct cleaning equipment technology in the past 30 years.
The key components of this system are the patented HEPA-AIRE portable power vacuum and the AIRE-SWEEP compressor. This system enables our technicians to reach and thoroughly clean your entire duct system with minimal noise and disruption.
First, the HEPA-AIRE power vacuum is connected to the duct system near the furnace. Next, 1 inch access holes are drilled into the air ducts. Long lengths of air hose with special 360 degree high velocity nozzles are connected to the compressor and ‘snaked’ through the entire duct system, dislodging debris that has accumulated on inner duct surfaces. The HEPA-AIRE unit creates a powerful vacuum, pulling dislodged contaminants into this filtration system. This filtration system is so efficient that it captures contaminants 1/300th the diameter of a human hair and returns filtered “hospital-grade” air to your home. And, it’s so quiet you’ll hardly know it’s running.
Once your duct system has been cleaned, we reseal all access holes and your ducts are returned to “like new” condition.
Air Duct Cleaning Facts
- 9 out of 10 system failures are caused by dirt and dust (LCES)
- Clean systems restore capacity and lesson running time. Translation: savings on monthly heating/cooling bills (LCES)
- A buildup of 0.042 inches of dirt on a heating or cooling coil can result in a decrease in efficiency of 21% (EPA)
- Most commercially purchased fiberglass filters are only 7% effective in stopping dirt, dust, pollen, etc. from passing through it (ASHRAE)
- 50% of all illnesses are either caused or aggravated by polluted indoor air (American College of Allergists)
- One out of six people who suffer from allergies do so because of the direct relationship to the fungi and bacteria in air duct systems (i>(Total Health & Better Health Magazines)
- Legionnaire’s Disease was spawned in air conditioning ducts. It killed 29 people in 1976 (American Lung Association)
- In the summer of 1988 at least 7 people died in Los Angeles area from Legionnaire’s Disease (Modesto Bee 09/22/1988)
- Children are more likely than adults to be affected by polluted indoor air — they breathe faster, inhale more air per unit of body weight and are closer to the ground where concentrations are higher (Department of Consumer Affairs)
- The elderly, asthmatics, and people with breathing problems, allergies, and lung diseases are also likely to be more sensitive to pollutants (Department of Consumer Affairs)
- Most people spend 60-90% of their time indoors (American Lung Association)
- Indoor is found to be up to 70 times more polluted than outdoor air (EPA)